BRAND NEW - 2 YEARS WARRANTY
TAKE AN ADDITIONAL 2% OFF THE PRICE IF PAYING BY CASH / BANK DEPOSIT
This is parallel imported European stock that is fully compatible with Australian 240V power. An Australian power cable and tax invoice receipt will be provided.
There is an average lead time of 2-3 weeks for this product. We don't hold stock of this model, it is always ordered on demand from our suppliers. A more accurate dispatch time estimate will be provided upon purchase, otherwise please contact us prior to purchase.
FREE delivery or local pickup by appointment at Carlingford NSW.
WHY SHOP WITH US?
- Exceptional track record of personalised customer service and aftersales service as per our fantastic reviews on Google, productreview.com.au and our eBay store.
- Every purchase will support a charity of your choice (or our default charity) and make this world a better place. Please see our Philanthropy page.
- Warranty provided by Electronic Forefront Australia Pty Ltd (ABN: 84 618 813 488) of any manufacturer defects. Within 30 days, a replacement/refund will be offered. After 30 days, a repair/replacement/refund will be offered depending on the nature of the defect.
Dual mono power amplifier with fully balanced structure and two custom made Hypex Electronics Ncore power amplifier modules
The unconstrained dynamism of sound awakens fundamental instincts. The AP-701 merges all the elements desired in a power amplifier at a high level, creating a new standard.
Independent left/right high-capacity toroidal core power supply transformers, discrete buffer amplifiers and two Ncore modules provide a complete dual mono structure from input to output. Moreover, the input stage of each channel has a fully-balanced design, so the dynamism of input signals is amplified as is, maximizing the innate performance of the speakers.
The cabinet is primarily comprised of 3mm-thick heavy metal plate but has a flexible structure to control vibration. By incorporating joints with suspension functions, the vibration frequency of the entire device is controlled to reproduce open and vibrant sound.
Features at a glance
- Two Ncore power modules made by Hypex Electronics B.V. And tuned especially for this model
- High output with a practical maximum of 260 W + 260 W (4Ω) / 170 W + 170 W (8Ω)
- Dual mono design throughout entire system
- Clean signal amplification realized with a fully balanced design at the input stage
- Two independent left/right high-capacity toroidal core power supply transformers
- Discrete buffer amplifiers used in the input stage
- Three supporting pinpoint feet that are easy to install (patent numbers 4075477 and 3778108)
- Two linked VU meters which show musical pulse, with four dimmer levels and two sensitivity settings
- Fan-free design to minimize noise
- 12V trigger in and through for power synchronization
Complete dual mono design includes power supply
With two toroidal core power supply transformers and two Ncore modules, the extravagant circuitry has a complete dual mono structure from input to output. A dual mono structure, in which the channels are each completely mono, prevents interference between the left and right signals and achieves outstanding channel separation. This enables rich audio reproduction that provides a larger sound stage and more three dimensional sound.
High output with a practical maximum of 260W + 260W (4Ω) / 170W + 170W (8Ω)
Hypex Ncore power amplifier modules realize both high efficiency and high audio quality. These two amplifier modules, which were tuned and designed specifically for TEAC, drive the speakers without losing any of the original musical expression, from delicate pianissimo to powerful fortissimo.
Vibration control from flexible structure
The front, side and rear panels are secured with 3mm-thick heavy sheet metal as the primary material. Then, joints that provide suspension are used at the junctures of the front, side, rear and top panels. This enclosure with a flexible structure controls the vibration of the entire device to allow open and vibrant sound reproduction.
Fan-free design achieved with effective ventilation system
Despite the high output of this power amplifier, a fan-free design has been realized with circuit board placement calculated for airflow and precise layout of air inlets and outlets. Heat dispersion is increased by attaching the amplifier modules directly to the bottom panel. Along with the fin structure of the side panels, this reliably abates internal heat.
Extensive design for vibration control
A floating structure keeps the transformers, which can easily cause vibration, detached from the bottom panel. The form of the side panel fins, which provide heat dispersion, have been adjusted to eliminate vibration.
In order to suppress vibrations that affect audio quality thoroughly, the TEAC original pin-point feet that utlize a new mechanism are attached to the bottom panel with appropriate allowance, while a number of screws that fix the circuit boards to the chassis is minimized.
Numerous features for audio quality
The durability of input circuits is ensured by including slits between each connector. In addition, direct wiring without connectors is used from the input circuits to deliver input signals to the discrete buffer circuits without losing any of their clarity.
Low-profile body creates new potential in living spaces
A reduction in height, as well as the chassis depth, enables more freedom of placement. Whether in the living room or a workplace, you can use them to drive your favorite speakers as you like.
- Trigger input for power synchronization with other devices
- Large VU meters
- Meter dimmer switching
- Meter gain switching
- Stereo/bi-amp switching
Practical maximum output:
- 260W + 260W (4Ω, 1kHz, JEITA)
- 170W + 170W (8Ω, 1kHz, JEITA)
- 230W + 230W (4Ω, 1kHz, THD 1%)
- 125W + 125W (8Ω, 1kHz, THD 1%)
Total harmonic distortion: 0.003% (8Ω, 1kHz, 55W, JEITA)
S/N ratio: 110dB (8Ω, 1kHz, IHF-A)
Frequency response: 10Hz to 50,000Hz (+0dB, –6dB, 8Ω, JEITA)
Analog audio inputs
Connectors: XLR (HOT: 2) × 1 pair
Input sensitivity: 1.6V
Input impedance: 64kΩ (in STEREO mode), 32kΩ (in BI-AMP mode)
Connectors: RCA (gold-plated) × 1 pair
Input sensitivity: 1.6V
Input impedance: 32kΩ (in STEREO mode), 16kΩ (in BI-AMP mode)
Connectors: Screw type × 1 pair (gold-plate, compatible with Banana plug)
Compatible speaker impedance: 4Ω to 8Ω
Trigger input (12V TRIGGER IN)
Connector: 3.5mm Mono mini jack × 1
Input level: 12V, 1mA
Trigger output (12V TRIGGER THRU)
Connector: 3.5mm Mono mini jack × 1
Power: AC220 - 240V, 50/60Hz
Power consumption: 210W
Standby power: 0.4W
Overall dimensions: 444 (W) × 111.3 (H) × 348.2 (D) mm (including protrusions)
Operating Temperature: ＋5℃ to ＋35℃
Operating Humidity Range: 5% to 85% (no condensation)
Storage Temperature Range: –20℃ to ＋55℃
Included accessory: Power cord, Foot pad × 3, Owner's manual